Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A TODO List For Intel's Linux Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: A TODO List For Intel's Linux Vulkan Driver

There is finally a public TODO list for Intel's Vulkan Linux driver living within Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's like as if Intel is some dog arse outback remote IT company struggling. This is not acceptable for the top or leading manufacturer of CPU's and high revenue.

Even though Valkun is a fairly new protocol it's still unacceptable, especially consider Intel's slack works on OpenGL4 support and other poor coding issues for Linux graphics drivers.
    Last edited by e8hffff; 20 May 2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the LunarG driver could run Dota 2 and the Intel driver could not?

Comment

what processor families are supported?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Penguin View Post
          Wouldn't it be hilarious if the LunarG driver could run Dota 2 and the Intel driver could not?
          Are those different drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post

As far as I know, they are … but I heard the LunarG driver was not updated with changes before the Vulkan release.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post

Yes they are.
              Tools to aid in Vulkan development. Contribute to LunarG/VulkanTools development by creating an account on GitHub.
              Last edited by Evil Penguin; 20 May 2016, 09:52 AM. Reason: Added GitHub link.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Penguin View Post
                But why would they develop so long a driver, which wouldn't be used in production? Why wouldn't Intel use that code? What am I missing?

As Intel has problem with Vulkan, I thought LunarG failed, but now I see it's that the drivers are different. I am so confused…

Comment

Can somebody explain what Intel's Vulkan driver is doing in Mesa (which is, at least according to Wikipedia, supposed to be an open source OpenGL implementation)? Also, what code is there to share (with possible other Vulkan implementations) that would make it useful to be part of Mesa?

Comment

They forgot "proper Haswell support".
                    This driver still doesn't work on Haswell-GPUs

Comment

Working...
                    X