Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Out For System Overheating When Benchmarking On Linux

Phoronix: Watching Out For System Overheating When Benchmarking On Linux

The newest module added to the Phoronix Test Suite is the start of a watchdog implementation with initially being focused on watching the system's thermal state to trip the benchmarking process if any of the selected sensors cross a defined threshold...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What if someone want it set to 70 °C for the CPU but 80 °C for the GPU?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      What if someone want it set to 70 °C for the CPU but 80 °C for the GPU?
      Valid point, thought about it as well when writing it but just went for the basic approach as all the company wanted was for CPU temperature monitoring where I just wanted to extend it a bit and make it universal. Would be rather trivial to make it support separate limits for different sensors and also an easy project for any first time contributor interested in said functionality, but generally I think most will stick to just CPU.temp.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm glad to see this. It lends more credibility to your results. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X