Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD GPU-PRO 16.20.3 Beta Linux Driver Released

Phoronix: AMD GPU-PRO 16.20.3 Beta Linux Driver Released

A new release of the AMD GPU-PRO "hybrid" Linux graphics driver stack is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can we expect a quick performance update with the new stuff? I *want* to upgrade from 14.04, but want to make sure I have a working PRO binary before making the change

Comment

Guess I will give this a go later on my 390x. Not expecting any performance gains however as we all know AMD just can't figure out howto get OpenGL performance happening for allot things. Worth a shot non the less.

Comment

Any word on when AMD will start releasing betas for other distros, like Fedora or Arch?

Comment

Only Ubuntu is Linux, you should know this...

Comment

Hmm.... it doesn't mention Carrizo, but I thought Carrizo was GCN 1.2?

Comment

Originally posted by Min1123 View Post
              Any word on when AMD will start releasing betas for other distros, like Fedora or Arch?
              These can work with Arch Linux, there are packages in the AUR to make that happen. Building packages for all distributions is very time consuming, perhaps quite a bit more than most are aware of. It's faster to test with the larger section of the Linux user base then release broadly later.

Comment

Would this work with the AMD R9 390?

Comment

Thanks AMD, good job.

Two very big Vulkan games are expected in the next couple weeks. Dota2 (Linux and windows) and Doom (windows only).
                  With my R9 290 running vulkan benchmarks on the talos principle the windows driver was about 15% faster than the intial AMD GPU PRO release on Ubunti 14.04. I will test again with this new release to see if it now comes closer to the vulkan windows performance.

Comment

Hello, i have two questions,

1. Does the PRO Driver has a Gui like the fglrx- or Crimson-Driver on Linux?

2. Is Vulkan already supported by GCN 1.0 (HD 7850) Gpu's on Windows?

Comment

Working...
                    X