Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dota 2 Vulkan Support Is Now Available

Phoronix: Dota 2 Vulkan Support Is Now Available

As expected, Dota 2 with Vulkan rendering support is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just wanted to chime in and say that it doesn't run on Windows 10 (Intel Skylake GPU) with the latest beta driver (crashes after a few moments, very low FPS).
    I wonder how they had it running at GDC. :P

Comment

Really looking forward to the benchmark results!

Comment

Well now I may have to install all the beta stuff and see how it outputs @ 4k on the blob.

Comment

I just installed the game and played very well, the fps maybe more than opengl, but I notice smoother gameplay and less drop of fps on tf, this on gtx 750 2GB.

Comment

Runs well on my gtx770 with nvidia blob. At 120fps which is probably a cap. Untill it froze, froze xorg and became a zombie process.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Penguin View Post
              Just wanted to chime in and say that it doesn't run on Windows 10 (Intel Skylake GPU) with the latest beta driver (crashes after a few moments, very low FPS).
              I wonder how they had it running at GDC. :P

Two different drivers and a test case designed around the driver.

Comment

According to the release notes Intel GPUs are not officially supported for now.

Comment

i7-4790K, GTX 780, 16 GB RAM.
                  On both SteamoS and Windows 10, lower FPS and less fluctuation:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.
                  Last edited by philips; 24 May 2016, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Im not positive if I ran OpenGL Dota or Vulkan, is there a special launch option I have to add?

I launched the DOTA 2 app with the Vulkan DLC downloaded and it ran at about 120FPS but never went higher it seemed?

Comment

Working...
                    X