Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feral Is Putting Out F1 2015 For Linux This Week, NVIDIA GTX 970 Or Better Recommended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Is Putting Out F1 2015 For Linux This Week, NVIDIA GTX 970 Or Better Recommended

Phoronix: Feral Is Putting Out F1 2015 For Linux This Week, NVIDIA GTX 970 Or Better Recommended

Feral Interactive just announced via Twitter that F1 2015 will be released for Linux this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would like to see more EGO Engine ports like DiRT 2/3.

Comment

Finally the shortage of commercial-grade racing games is slowly coming to an end. I have had to wait for this to happen about 10 years

Comment

I've been gaming happily with a GeForce 660 GTi for a few years, but a few more games like this will make me look at the new Nvidia 1070 and start trying to work out a game plan for an upgrade.

Comment

The GPU requirements are the same in Windows. And it is a DX11 game, so in Linux it will require OpenGL 4.3 at least. Same as Shadow of Mordor or Alien: Isolation.

You hear that Bridgman? The list of OpenGL4.3 games are growing up. My R9 290 is ready for some OSS driver updates :-)

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
            The list of OpenGL4.3 games are growing up. My R9 290 is ready for some OSS driver updates :-)
            4.3 is supported on r9290 in git
            the only problem is it requires llvm git also. so without some temporary solution you will get it released in autumn with mesa 13 and opengl 4.5

Comment

BTW, for racing/F1 fans:
              SEGA is bringing a new game called "Motorsport Manager" to Windows, Linux and Mac (from start): http://www.motorsportmanager.com/
              Not a usual racing game but might be interesting for racing fans

Comment

970 recommended?? New titles will soon ask Titan X as minimum...
                Where is the time when developpers were optimising their game so that mid range cards were recommended?

Comment

Well this is old gen as soon as GTX 1070/1080 are available... But compared to console market it is certainly a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
                    970 recommended?? New titles will soon ask Titan X as minimum...
                    Where is the time when developpers were optimising their game so that mid range cards were recommended?
                    970 was mid range since the release, that is soon to be two years ago.
                    Recommended != min. Often you could play almost on maximum settings with the 'recommended' setup

Comment

Working...
                    X