Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-Way NVIDIA GeForce Comparison For F1 2015 On Linux

Phoronix: 12-Way NVIDIA GeForce Comparison For F1 2015 On Linux

While the F1 2015 Formula One racing game was released for Windows last year, only yesterday was the Linux port released by Feral Interactive. Given the high requirements for F1 2015 on Linux with this OpenGL port, I decided to test this racing game on a range of NVIDIA graphics cards under Ubuntu Linux. Yep, only NVIDIA tests this round as the game doesn't work yet with the AMD Linux drivers.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

(sigh) 970 is an expensive video card back then when I got myself a 960 for $200 or so. Well, I'm sure the GTX 1060 will compete with 970, but not as close to 980.

Comment

Yesterdays they released linux support for f1 2015, today they announced f1 2016 for windows and Mac. No linux support. Anyone wants this old game now?

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
        Yesterdays they released linux support for f1 2015, today they announced f1 2016 for windows and Mac. No linux support. Anyone wants this old game now?
        This is common, happened with Tomb Raider. But to be honest its not terrible, I got TR GOTY for $9 off G2A whom pick these items up for cheap when they have extreme specials which I always seem to miss. I think the companies don't bother with Linux because they didn't make enough sales with the first port?

Comment

Somehow this article has no benchmark results, weird for a comparison...

Comment

They were there, something has gone wrong I guess...

Comment

Looks like the OB server is acting up.... Hope to have it back up in few minutes.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Should be back up.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Seems to be a pretty sharp dividing line in performance based on memory size. Cards with more than 2GB are performing much better than those with 2GB or less.

Comment

Working...
                  X