Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA CUDA 8 Release Candidate Now Available

Phoronix: NVIDIA CUDA 8 Release Candidate Now Available

With the GeForce GTX 1080 now shipping, NVIDIA has made public the release candidate for CUDA 8...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks Michael. But quad-thanks for turning us on to Slaanesh's http://negativo17.org Fedora/CentOS nvidia/cuda repository. Just way too convenient for me to even consider playing with beta drivers installed the Nvidia way. YMMV of course, and farbeit from me to discourage the next guy from getting his hands dirty.

Comment

The early results look pretty impressive!

Just got a NVIDIA GTX 1080 for testing. I hacked up an install with Ubuntu 16.04 and CUDA 7.5 along with a beta display driver that works! First run after compiling the cuda samples nbody gave 5816 GFLOP/s! A GTX 980 on the same system does 2572 GFLOP/s. However, it's not all good news ...

Comment

Originally posted by deppman View Post
        The early results look pretty impressive!
        from these tests 980Ti must be faster + can have 25% OC (and is cheaper too)

Comment

Working...
        X