OpenGL Tessellation Is Significantly Faster Now On AMD RadeonSI Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL Tessellation Is Significantly Faster Now On AMD RadeonSI Gallium3D

Phoronix: OpenGL Tessellation Is Significantly Faster Now On AMD RadeonSI Gallium3D

Thanks to new code that appeared in Mesa Git this week, games/demos relying upon OpenGL tessellation are significantly faster now with this new code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, these performance improvements are amazeballs! I love it, great job!

Comment

It will be interesting to see if all this work transfers right over to Polaris since they are just a superset of the architecture of the current cards.

Comment

tomb raiden 43 vs 60 fps

Comment

Yeah, it's faster, but I get a lot of artifacts with tessellation enabled with my r9 390x, something like transparent triangles that randomly shows the blue sky background through other objects.

Comment

I switched back to fglrx after updating mesa to this as I am getting hard lockups on my R9 380X now.

Comment

Wow, impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by prazola View Post
                Yeah, it's faster, but I get a lot of artifacts with tessellation enabled with my r9 390x, something like transparent triangles that randomly shows the blue sky background through other objects.

Me too, in a R9 290.

Comment

Wow, I thought we were done with this sort of huge performance jump in radeonsi. It's been amazing to watch it go from 'hopeless' to 'much better than fglrx' while I've had my HD7770, although of course I'd have preferred the current state initially.

Whenever I replace that, I'll be sticking with AMD.

Comment

It would be interesting to see the benchmarks run again once that bug has been dealt with - to see by what amount fixing the issue causes the framerate to drop back again.

Comment

Working...
                    X