Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.7 Brings A Plethora Of New Features

Phoronix: Linux 4.7 Brings A Plethora Of New Features

After a very exciting past two weeks, the merge window for Linux 4.7 is expected to close today. This was an action-packed merge window with a ton of new code being introduced. While I've already written dozens of posts on Phoronix about the changes that got me excited, here's my usual kernel feature overview. Here's a look at what's coming for Linux 4.7.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Given how packed 4.7 is looking, I would not be surprised if this hit an rc9 or even beyond. Still, it's looking quite good so far and I'm looking forward to enjoying the improvements 4.7 brings.

Comment

The ath10k driver hard locks my machine with this new kernel, I've opened a bug

Comment

I'm looking forward for Linux 4.7 unlocking OpenGL 4.3 support for drm/radeonsi...

Comment

i've tried to install linux 4.7rc1 on ubuntu 16.04 64bit but not work.
          i've downloaded .deb from here

after install it, i reboot system, but on startup of kernel 4.7 i receive these errors messages:
          Code:
          error getting socket address family not supported by protocol
          error initializing udev control socket
          could not listen on fds: invalid argument

Comment

Originally posted by F1esDgSdUTYpm0iy View Post
            Given how packed 4.7 is looking, I would not be surprised if this hit an rc9 or even beyond. Still, it's looking quite good so far and I'm looking forward to enjoying the improvements 4.7 brings.

Exactly, and there's now a lot of hardware unsupported, hardware that worked fine until 4.6 does not work anymore, for example keyboard lights on ASUS N56VB does NOT work anymore, Power-save Mode does not work anymore on Acer 8930G, the Kernel feels slower then Xenial 4.4.0-23 Kernel, and it is a lot more unstable then 4.6 RC1.

Testing under 14.04.1 (4), Trusty.

If you are unable to login to your Ubuntu Unity after testing 4.7 Kernel, try to move .local Folder to an extern disk, ubuntu will recreate a new .local folder.

Best regards

Comment

Working...
            X