Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Ready For AMD's Livestream Tomorrow Night

Phoronix: Get Ready For AMD's Livestream Tomorrow Night

Mark your calendars for tomorrow to watch AMD's Computex livestream for Polaris...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

4 A.M. CET -> I'll will be sleeping. To bad Michael isn't going, would have enjoyed the news at the conference and the talks with the developers. Plus it would have beed a half vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post
      4 A.M. CET -> I'll will be sleeping. To bad Michael isn't going, would have enjoyed the news at the conference and the talks with the developers. Plus it would have beed a half vacation.
      If there had been (Linux) developers I would have went, but from all indications it was just a standard PR event with mostly Windows focus and from what I could tell not a lot of really technical/driver sessions. For having to be on an airplane for ~20 hours, would need to be really Linux related and technical.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        This time I was invited (last time AMD sent me to one of these press launch events was for RV770...) but unfortunately had to respectfully decline given my constantly busy schedule with not taking a day off in years between Phoronix and PTS, etc. While AMD was going to pay for the flights/hotel, I also wasn't too motivated to fly ~20+ hours to China to listen to them talk about Windows gaming and other non-Linux material for three days.
        Originally posted by Michael View Post
        If there had been (Linux) developers I would have went, but from all indications it was just a standard PR event with mostly Windows focus and from what I could tell not a lot of really technical/driver sessions. For having to be on an airplane for ~20 hours, would need to be really Linux related and technical.
        That's completely understandable, still a bit sad you didn't go
        Polaris seems mostly about OEMs, efficiency, gaining market share in lower range and display features, so mostly gaming, not computing -> windows domain.

But it's nice they had you on their list. Might even send you a sample
        Given that they invited you, maybe they are covering something about their new Linux developments (HSA, ROCm, amdgpu etc.) on Computex. I you watch the live stream, a ticker or recap of Linux-related news would be nice, if there are any of course. I'll be sleeping at this time...

Comment

Michael please add the UTC time, it is easier for international reader know their local time using their UTC offset.

Comment

I'll be surprised if they can surprise us with anything. I think every possible bit of information has been speculated about already..

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
              I'll be surprised if they can surprise us with anything. I think every possible bit of information has been speculated about already..
              Or not, you'll be surprised...

jk. I think it's rather clear where the direction for the hardware is going. We might see interesting things on the software side, though...

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
                Michael please add the UTC time, it is easier for international reader know their local time using their UTC offset.
                That's 2am UTC, or 3am for the UK. Can't say I'll be getting up for that one.

Comment

Interesting that they are prepared to pay for a plane ticket to Macau but not send you review hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by oskar-n View Post
                    Interesting that they are prepared to pay for a plane ticket to Macau but not send you review hardware.
                    I agree, he should ask for a card in return for not costing them money for plane tickets and the hotel.

Comment

Working...
                    X