Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Branched, Mesa 12.0 RC1 Released

Phoronix: Mesa Branched, Mesa 12.0 RC1 Released

Mesa release manager Emil Velikov has announced the first release candidate of Mesa 12.0, formerly known as Mesa 11.3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well done! I hope that it will be added to Debian (Experimental) soon with enabled Vulkan and Nine...

Comment

At last.
      Mesa 12.0 will be a good release.

Comment

So exciting! I have to top Nille_kungen and say that Mesa 12.0 will be an amazing release! As long as they work out the last kinks it should probably go to the history as the most feature-packed and progressive release they have ever made! Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! I just can't contain my excitement

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Well done! I hope that it will be added to Gentoo (Unstable) soon with enabled Vulkan and Nine...
          There, went ahead and fixed that for you..

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

There, went ahead and fixed that for you..
            It's there already
            mesa-9999

Comment

Why didn't they merge the remaining OpenGL 4.4 patch which was mentioned here?

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

formerly known as Mesa 11.3.
                Then is mesa 11.3, not mesa 12. Since this driver still doesnt provide opengl 4.0 on haswell, I woldnt be surprised if this will remain as mesa 11.3

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                  Then is mesa 11.3, not mesa 12. Since this driver still doesnt provide opengl 4.0 on haswell, I woldnt be surprised if this will remain as mesa 11.3
                  Why? The Mesa major version is incremented for each time a new OpenGL version is met for the general "mesa" driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

Why? The Mesa major version is incremented for each time a new OpenGL version is met for the general "mesa" driver.
                    that make sense. But maybe they will wait for the next release, so mesa 12 will support GL 4.5. Its just speculation, but for a big jump like that one would be, I think it makes sense

Comment

Working...
                    X