Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Looks At Moving From SVN To Git Via GitHub

Phoronix: LLVM Looks At Moving From SVN To Git Via GitHub

While there have been Git mirrors available of LLVM and its sub-projects (including Clang) for some time, this open-source compiler infrastructure project has relied upon SVN as its cental development repository. The LLVM project is now looking at finally transitioning to Git for development and quite likely utilizing GitHub for hosting...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

About bloody time too

Comment

Ye, Github is The Best platform for any open-source project to gain visibility and to ease in more contributions(it's so damn simple on Github).
      Plus you have all the plethora of tools.

Comment

Pretty sure that LLVM aren't looking for visibility, just easier management.

Comment

Git is excellent, after this goes through I just need to see OpenBSD on Git and my life will be simple. I honestly don't see how people make use of subversion and other CVS-style SCMs. They make it difficult to iteratively build and share revision history, take snapshots, and other useful things. Git excels at these activities and more.

Comment

Also Git is decentralized.
            So - if they don't like github that much - nothing prevents them from using (e.g.: a self-hosted) gitlab for the main development, and then pushing/pulling to a secondary github repo for added exposure and increased "drive by" contributions.

Comment

Working...
            X