Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD May Sell Its Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" For Just $199 USD

Phoronix: AMD May Sell Its Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" For Just $199 USD

Just hours to go until AMD's Computex live-stream, details are being leaked out about what's expected. From what we're hearing so far, AMD is going to undercut their prices of Polaris 10 hugely: the Radeon RX 480 is said to be priced retail at $199 USD and will compete with the likes of a GeForce GTX 970~980...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If they can manage to pull off that performance to price point then maybe there is hope for them after all.

Comment

Looks like it will compete with the GTX 1060 quite closely.

Comment

Hopefully it's competitive in OpenGL games on Linux.

Comment

I'm buying one of these, maybe two. This is an excellent offering, assuming the performance and pricing numbers are as advertised. With the public free driver support, I can also actually run the card.

AMD has a bright future if they can keep hitting these schedules.

Comment

If true, it might be my next card. My GTX 670 is old.

Comment

I might just be able to replace my aging 9800GTX with this one, if driver support as well as tear free video and great Linux performance can be realized. Maybe some R480 and GTX970/980/1060 performance benchmark comparisons?

Looks like some real competition between the red and green teams coming!

Comment

I do hope mutliGPU support is added to the AMD drivers soon. Also does this make the 480 as fast as then 390x?

Comment

Add me to the list of potential buyers. That performance with low power / noise / heat would be great.

Comment

If price would be really great i would give AMD Windows drivers one more chance, im really enjoying stability after i get rid of AMD cards.

AMD Linux performance is now good, what about stability?

Comment

Working...
                    X