Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland 1.11 Officially Released

Phoronix: Wayland 1.11 Officially Released

The official releases are out tonight of Wayland 1.11 and Weston 1.11...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

wonder if Fedora will try an get 1.12 in F25?

Comment

I like how the Wayland releases are now boring. This bodes well for desktop adoption

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
        I like how the Wayland releases are now boring. This bodes well for desktop adoption
        i dont think there boring. Wayland still isnt 100% complete by any chance AFAIK . i think Wayland 1.12 will go close to being 100% complete though. question is will they get 1.12 in F25 or stay with 1.11

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          i dont think there boring. Wayland still isnt 100% complete by any chance AFAIK .
          What work is left? What needs to be done?

Comment

i dont think there boring. Wayland still isnt 100% complete by any chance AFAIK . i think Wayland 1.12 will go close to being 100% complete though. question is will they get 1.12 in F25 or stay with 1.11
            By complete you mean feature parity with X11?

Comment

i dont think there boring. Wayland still isnt 100% complete by any chance AFAIK .
              What do you mean? If you use GNOME on Wayland it works really well. It's not 100%, but it isn't that far off. I don't get the "by any chance" remark.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
                By complete you mean feature parity with X11?
                Feature parity is not a target for wayland, wayland-protocols, nor for weston. That target is for WMs/DMs that implement wayland.

Additionally, feature partiy with X11 is likely a poor goal, as there are surely some Xorg features that are not desirable, or at least debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  What work is left? What needs to be done?
                  instead of asking the question, why dont you go an have a look at the TODO list of Wayland website

Comment

Originally posted by jaxxed View Post

Feature parity is not a target for wayland, wayland-protocols, nor for weston. That target is for WMs/DMs that implement wayland.

Additionally, feature partiy with X11 is likely a poor goal, as there are surely some Xorg features that are not desirable, or at least debatable.
                    Well, technically it should be for Weston for all non-insane X11 functionality as it is the reference compositor. It is also possible Wayland ends up extended to allow DM's to implement things. We'll see

Comment

Working...
                    X