See How Your Linux System Compares To The Performance Of A GeForce GTX 1080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See How Your Linux System Compares To The Performance Of A GeForce GTX 1080

Phoronix: See How Your Linux System Compares To The Performance Of A GeForce GTX 1080

I've still been swamped with my 18+ hour days this week of testing the GeForce GTX 1080 and friends for our Linux review. Tomorrow morning is when my initial GeForce GTX 1080 Linux review will be published with OpenGL, OpenCL, and Vulkan benchmarks. Additional tests and other fun comparisons featuring the GTX 1080 will continue through the weekend. But while waiting for those featured articles, you can easily compare your own system's results to some of my initia GTX 1080 numbers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

vdpauinfo would be very interesting too

Comment

Valley runs significantly slower than Heaven. What the hell is happening there? Buggy early drivers?

Comment

18 hour workday is madness. I dont like, if someone saying it to show, how dedicated he is, its his loss. Michal need an assistant..
        Last edited by ruthan; 03 June 2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
          18 hour workday is madness. I dont like, if someone saying it to show, how dedicated he is, its his loss. Michal need an assistant..
          Pretty much seven days a week I work a minimum of 14~15 hours a day, at least this week with 18+ hour days for card benchmarking, it's fun with having new hardware to watch :P
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            vdpauinfo would be very interesting too
            I'm also interested in this

Michael please post the output of vdpauinfo. I'm pretty sure many of us would like to have a confirmation on some of that card's video decoding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by spiridow View Post

I'm also interested in this

Michael please post the output of vdpauinfo. I'm pretty sure many of us would like to have a confirmation on some of that card's video decoding capabilities.
              Will be part of the larger articles.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Will be part of the larger articles.
                Glad to hear it. Thank you.

Comment

So the 1080 is the only card that performs better in 4K with Vulkan in DOTA 2 than with OpenGL? I remember from the previous Vulkan test that Vulkan was faster than OpenGL with all cards up to a resolution of 1440p but lost to OpenGL when running 4K resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Pretty much seven days a week I work a minimum of 14~15 hours a day, at least this week with 18+ hour days for card benchmarking, it's fun with having new hardware to watch :P
                    So how much do you need sleep per week? Sounds crazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X