Happy 12th Birthday Phoronix, 8th Birthday For Phoronix Test Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 12th Birthday Phoronix, 8th Birthday For Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix: Happy 12th Birthday Phoronix, 8th Birthday For Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix turns 12 years old this morning, it's almost a teenager! Back on 5 June 2004 I was thinking why the heck is it difficult getting my ATI RV250 and USB mouse playing nicely with Mandrake, and went on to launch Phoronix for what would become the leading source for Linux hardware reviews...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Happy birthday then! And many good years in the future. And take a day or two off, you know... it might be better in the long term. Motivation rises often after a good holiday (which is probably more than 2 weeks).
    It was and is a pleasure to follow the development of HW <-> Linux / FOSS world and related topics over all the time and have someone keeping us up to date, collecting and connecting a lot of infos in a place. Thanks!
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Congrats Michael! I've been following along for most of those years and it's been one hell of a ride!
      Cheers 🍻

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
        Congrats Michael! I've been following along for most of those years and it's been one hell of a ride!
        Cheers 🍻
        Thanks!
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

*yay* congrats! here's to many more years of awesome Linux news!

Comment

Congratulation Michael! I'm another one of your many-years follower and I really appreciate your work and dedication! (watching all those updates all over the day, I often wonder if you ever sleep sometimes! )

Comment

Aye, congrats for all your dedication and hard work!

Comment

Michael finally took you up on your offer and got a premium subscription. It's not a whole lot of money, but hopefully it'll help you pay off that Nvidia 1080

Comment

Happy birthday.

Comment

After being a lurker for years finally registered and took a a lifetime subscription.
                    Congrats !!

Comment

Working...
                    X