Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix Test Suite By The Numbers After Eight Years, Millions Of Benchmarks Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite By The Numbers After Eight Years, Millions Of Benchmarks Run

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite By The Numbers After Eight Years, Millions Of Benchmarks Run

In addition to Phoronix turning 12 years old yesterday, 5 June marked the Phoronix Test Suite turning eight years old since its version 1.0 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

- Thousands of companies rely upon the Phoronix Test Suite on a daily basis, including many Fortune 500 companies and most common IHVs and ISVs.
    And you still complain all the time about lacking funds? How can that be? Why aren't you taking advantage of these thousands of companies to fund Phoronix?

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post

And you still complain all the time about lacking funds? How can that be? Why aren't you taking advantage of these thousands of companies to fund Phoronix?
      Because the phoronix test suite and phoromatic are currently fully open source (not open core or the like) and thus only few companies at a time are currently making use of commercial offerings.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Maybe you should do like Wikipedia and reach out to these companies so they can help further development of PTS. If you could get 200 companies to give you at least $100/year each I'm sure it would mean a lot to you, and to those companies it probably wouldn't make much difference to the annual budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Because the phoronix test suite and phoromatic are currently fully open source
          This does not prohibit you from seeking out those thousands (?) of commercial entities to request some funding; surely, if they rely on it as you say, they would be more than willing to keep your efforts going strong by helping you out financially.

Comment

If linux ever becomes more used, bigger websites will start doing benchmarks on linux too. At that point how can Michael compete with lets say Guru3d?

Comment

It sounds like Michael has a bunch of arm chair business development managers to tap as well

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                It sounds like Michael has a bunch of arm chair business development managers to tap as well
                [sarcasm]Oh, excuse me, I didn't realize Michael was the pinnacle of evolution and could not be taught anything.[/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by F1esDgSdUTYpm0iy View Post
                  [sarcasm]Oh, excuse me, I didn't realize Michael was the pinnacle of evolution and could not be taught anything.[/sarcasm]
                  Oh, you were trying to teach? (You might need to work on that a little)

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                    Oh, you were trying to teach? (You might need to work on that a little)
                    I could draw you a schematic of exactly what is wrong with Phoronix's business model in the long run but I won't. Because, you're not interesting. You're a nobody. What, you think you were scoring points with anyone by calling us "armchair business managers" out?

You weren't. You still aren't.

Comment

Working...
                    X