Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.6.1 Now Available

Phoronix: Qt 5.6.1 Now Available

As anticipated, Qt 5.6.1 is now available as the first bug-fix release to the open-source, cross-platform toolkit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Bah, now I need to check whether the newly released Neon is actually using this (it could be, since they have their build system pull automatically from various repos).

Comment

I read somewhere that it should be available soon on kubuntu xenial via the kde backports ppa (if I remember correctly, when qt 5.6 came out, they said they would wait for the first point release to ship in the ppa). Now, it will be interesting to see whether this is the "cure all" (or possibly "cure most") for kde bugs as claimed in many kde related sites.

Comment

Originally posted by callegar View Post
        I read somewhere that it should be available soon on kubuntu xenial via the kde backports ppa (if I remember correctly, when qt 5.6 came out, they said they would wait for the first point release to ship in the ppa). Now, it will be interesting to see whether this is the "cure all" (or possibly "cure most") for kde bugs as claimed in many kde related sites.
        It's not the cure. Qt 5.6 comes with its own share of bugs. But at least this gets the most recent version into the hands on users so we can report problems with the latest code.

Comment

Well, from the kde bug reports it should at least make kde work with multiple screens without crashing and without having to manually kill kscreen_backend_launcher to have it recognize the difference between external screens with different features, I hope. Can someone confirm?

Comment

Ah, and it should make the system tray work OK even with java apps, I also hope.

Comment

I had issues with plasma 5 and multiscreen but no crashes...

Comment

Working...
              X