Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 16.10 Continues Planning For The Linux 4.8 Kernel

Phoronix: Ubuntu 16.10 Continues Planning For The Linux 4.8 Kernel

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is shipping right now with the Linux 4.4 kernel while for the Ubuntu 16.10 release in October they are expected to jump ahead to Linux 4.8...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Upstream kernel devs are going to have to fix power management on older AMD Bulldozer chips. On linux 4.7 as of right now, only the "performance" or full throttle governor is exposed. Hopefully this gets fixed before 4.7 gets released. I've seen far worse bugs at the rc-2 stage than this but I know a lot of power management changes were just made. What I don't want to see is 4.7 and later kernels disabling power management on not so new non-Intel hardware. Using 4.5 for now as it works in my systems but hope this gets fixed.

Comment

Power management broken on AMD bulldozer with 4.7 cr-2, previous comment unapproved

Comment

Working...
      X