Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitman 2016 Looks Like It Could Be Coming To Linux

Phoronix: Hitman 2016 Looks Like It Could Be Coming To Linux

It's looking quite possible like Hitman 2016 will be released for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cheers! Here's hoping for more Square Enix games, I'd love to see Deus Ex on Linux eventually.
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Great news! I love the hitman series.

Comment

Well the previous Hitman game came to OSX so if Square-Enix decides to have the reboot ported as well it's not that big of a leap to think that this time around there could also be a Linux port in the works as well.

Comment

I don't think we'll see OS X support for any truly modern game - Apple doesn't support OpenGL nor Vulkan, so in order to support OS X, people would have to use the Metal API, which differs quite a bit from Dx12 and Vulkan.

Considering that Hitman does have a Dx12 render path, this might actually get Vulkan support on Linux (that is, if the rumors are actually true, which I find hard to believe at this point)

Comment

So either Denuvo comes to Linux, which is good, as Denuvo won't stop AAA games from appearing on Linux,
            or the game comes without Denuvo, which means all the pirates will start tinkering with Linux, which bumps the market share, and is also good for Linux.

Win-win situation.

Comment

What about Fallout 4 and Dark Souls 3? Come on Valve, get in the game here. Yes I understand not games made by Valve, but still want to blame them.

Comment

Hmmm... Hitman also runs on d3d12, however quite bad. Do you expect it ported to Vulkan or just another under-performing OGL port?

Comment

Lots of unknowns with this one around whether it'll support Denuvo and whether it'll be just another Feral DX11 -> IndirectX -> OpenGL wrapper. I'm curious.

Comment

With the latest Tomb Raider patch I get better FPS than on Win10 at least in the benchmark. If that's a wrapper it got pretty good but it's probably not a wrapper like Feral says.

Comment

Working...
                    X