Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 24 Has Been Delayed Once More

Phoronix: Fedora 24 Has Been Delayed Once More

Today was a Go/No-Go meeting and the Fedora stakeholders have determined the final release must slip by another week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This isn't news. I suggest you make an article when Fedora isn't delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      I remember getting booted from their IRC channel for making a similar comment

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

I agree, there was not much point to this article. On the other hand, I would say delaying and getting it right is better than how buggy I have found Ubuntu 16.04.

Comment

It's good that Fedora delays releases when it needs to, and it's good that the blocker page and the common bugs page are available throughout the development process, not buried in mail lists and then bullet-pointed in release notes The project doesn't *have to* release a schedule to the public. (Red Hat doesn't.) They could just say they release every 6 months or so and then keep quiet. At least that might end the inane tiresome cracks about delays.

Comment

linuxmint 18 beta is out btw.

Comment

FWIW, there's exactly *one* outstanding blocker bug - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1320273 . If you don't want to install alongside a UEFI install of Windows then boot Windows from the Fedora boot menu, you may as well go ahead and start using F24 already, it's fine.

Comment

Michael there's a typo "16 january" instead of "16 June"

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
                  FWIW, there's exactly *one* outstanding blocker bug - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1320273 . If you don't want to install alongside a UEFI install of Windows then boot Windows from the Fedora boot menu, you may as well go ahead and start using F24 already, it's fine.
                  Except that most modern Windows installs *are* UEFI installs.

On the other hand, I don't know why these guys keep wasting time: just include in the roadmap that the first 5 or 6 meetings yield NoGo and save the meeting time.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    Except that most modern Windows installs *are* UEFI installs.
                    except that fedora is linux and not windows, you don't have to have windows installed at all
                    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    On the other hand, I don't know why these guys keep wasting time
                    why are you wasting your time posting nonsense? just ignore fedora articles
                    Last edited by pal666; 10 June 2016, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X