Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME & KDE Join The Document Foundation Advisory Board

Phoronix: GNOME & KDE Join The Document Foundation Advisory Board

The GNOME Foundation and KDE e.V. have joined the Advisory Board of The Document Foundation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

CLA is horrible.

What does this means for Calligra Office? A ver underfunded project, but with many very interesting stuff.

- Krita looks a lot more iinteresting than Gimp to me, but it's quite WIP too.

- Words seems nice, but lacks proper ODF support. It's funny they removed support to their Kword format. I hope TDF's Document Liberation Project solves it.

- Plan: It has many interesting ideas to become a Microsoft Project replacement.

- Karbon: It seems like an Inkscape alternative. I always tought why Inkscape isn't part of LibreOffice, it would be very nice if intergrated

- Kexi: It seems an alternative to Microsoft Access, with many RAD features. It looks nice.

- Braindump: It's a note-taker software, that seems a great addition for an office suite too.

- Flow: I always considered diagrams to be a weak point at LibreOffice. This one has many interesting ideas.

- Author: Please yes! What about adopting Booktype or Sigil? There's Baker too.
    There's eLAIX and Amanuensis for LibreOffice too. Writer2ePub has issues with LO5.
    - Gemini: This seems a very interesting concept!

What about AbiWord? It's stagnated but AbiWord includes a" collaboration plugin that allows integration with AbiCollab.net, a Web-based service that permits multiple users to work on the same document in real time, in full synchronization".

RTCE integrated in an office suite? Please yes!

Calligra is the Future of Free Software Office Suites (2011)

Whaat? They failed, it seems

Jarosław Staniek says: June 5, 2016 at 7:32 pm
    Calligra is in development although it’s not as sufficiently funded as it would deserve. In particular contributors apparently cannot afford spending time also on calligra.org posts. Of forums. Help is welcome here – we’re all together. calligra.org is mostly for announcements and top-level messages like that. There are other forms of contact: https://community.kde.org/Calligra/Contact, the most close to developers is the mailing list.
    Last edited by timofonic; 18 June 2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X