Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.7-rc5 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 4.7-rc5 Kernel Released

The fifth weekly test release to the Linux 4.7 kernel is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

is there a feature to show specific dates, or maybe my browser is borked from some flags

Comment

The main thing about kernel updates is Torvalds' input. Torvalds-neutral people probably don't care, no need to.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
        The main thing about kernel updates is Torvalds' input. Torvalds-neutral people probably don't care, no need to.
        I'm unsure about what you were trying to say.

Comment

And xgamma (at least on intel) is still broken. I'd have thought that some developers use stuff like redshift so they would be so annoyed by it that they push the patches to fix this quickly, but apparently they've been sitting there for weeks.

Comment

Well, Torvalds' administrates new kernel-versions. That's what he does..

Comment

I just love the codename for this kernel..... fantastic. Hope it stays that way for a while

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

This Kernel (4.7-rc5) don't want to boot.

4.7-rc4 boots fine.

4.7-rc5: initramfs can't create ... Line 14 udev.... Permission denied reverting to prompt.

Comment

Originally posted by ecuadorguayaquil View Post
                  This Kernel (4.7-rc5) don't want to boot.

4.7-rc4 boots fine.

4.7-rc5: initramfs can't create ... Line 14 udev.... Permission denied reverting to prompt.

i haven't problem with archlinux and mainline kernel (actually 4.7rc5)

Comment

Works great with LibreELEC as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X