Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servo Night Builds Begin, Linux Packages Coming

Phoronix: Servo Night Builds Begin, Linux Packages Coming

The Mozilla developers working on the Servo browser layout engine and the Browser.html HTML-based web UI have kept to their goal of making a tech preview available in June...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting. I wonder if Firefox add-ons will work with it eventually.

Comment

Nightly builds don't work in Fedora (openssl library is too new)

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        The next generation WebExtension ones I expect to, eventually. Probably not the current ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Fry-kun View Post
          Modify runservo.sh and remove "-b" from the arguments, it should work then. It's just complaining about a lack of symbols, those aren't fatal errors.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

Modify runservo.sh and remove "-b" from the arguments, it should work then. It's just complaining about a lack of symbols, those aren't fatal errors.
            Or you can do what I did, git clone the repository and do a ./mach build --release then cd target/release, then you can use the same runservo.sh script in the nightly build.

It does take a while to build, and about 5 GB of disk space.

Comment

i doubt it, Addons will be similar to Chrome's/Safari for Servo Browser. so a lot of them will be Limited in what they can do

Comment

As they are currently, with xul... no.
                They will likely port web extensions from Firefox proper, part of the reason for the move to it was servo and narrowing security issues involved with kepting xul alive.
                Originally posted by Anvil View Post

i doubt it, Addons will be similar to Chrome's/Safari for Servo Browser. so a lot of them will be Limited in what they can do
                By the time that servo is in production use.... I am no so sure that will app
                Last edited by Duve; 01 July 2016, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the double post.
                  Last edited by Duve; 01 July 2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fry-kun View Post
                    Yeah, it's a shame. But at least it looks like they're working on it in the form of a FlatPak for fedora users.

This will make cross-distro packaging somewhat less of a headache. I'd like to claim this issue -- just filing it here for tracking.

Comment

Working...
                    X