Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Numerous Features Coming To Ardour 5.0

Phoronix: The Numerous Features Coming To Ardour 5.0

If you use Ardour as your digital audio workstation software, you'll want to read this article about the features coming to Ardour 5.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I didn't know that ableton was free, nor did I know it was open-source /s

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
      Or you can use Ableton Live which is better.
      You sparked my curiosity:
      why is it better?

Comment

Originally posted by jaxxed View Post
        I didn't know that ableton was free, nor did I know it was open-source /s
        Nor that it ran on linux. /s

Comment

If you make music on linux you are retarded.
          I am proud to be retarded, then. But I am not retarded enough to compare Ableton, which is directed towards live music, to a DAW like Ardour which is more comparable to ProTools or Logic.

Also Ardour is getting pretty much mature, and there's some really well crafted open-source plugins out there, like Calf, C* or ir2 to name a few.

Being ignorant may make you feel bitter, but it's no excuse for being rude with people.

Comment

Trolling at its finest, not answering a single goddamn question and simply calling people names.

10/10 would love to get trolled again.

Comment

Answer your own question by installing Ableton Live and in under 30 seconds you will definitely realize why it's better. Or just look at the UI FFS. It's night and day.
              I have exactly 0 experience of audio production/mixing/whatever, so no, unless you tell me something I'm not seeing jackshit.

Also, the burden of proof is on you, it's not like I'm going to install programs and make lengthy tests just because a well-known troll posted a one-liner.

Comment

You know that you can run music software like FL Studio with wine right? there's also Lmms which is getting better and better all the time. Don't be rude just because you only know how to make music with Ableton, lmao...

Comment

You could also check reviews and opinions. You'll find that Ableton Live is kind of popular and easy to learn while Ardour not so much. C'mon do I have to spoon feed you?
                  Listen, if I ask why you think something you have two valid choices:
                  -you tell me why with more than a couple sentences
                  -you don't answer

Telling me to go figure out myself in various different ways is not a valid answer, because I asked YOU to tell me something because I assume you know enough to tell me in 5 minutes more than I would find in 5 hours sicne I know jackashit of music workstations.

Comment

You could also check reviews and opinions. You'll find that Ableton Live is kind of popular and easy to learn while Ardour not so much. C'mon do I have to spoon feed you?
                    Let me remind you some basic numbers: 5% of computers are Mac, 2% are Linux (servers excluded). Ardour is only available on these two OS so it just can't possibly be as popular as Ableton. Who's spoon-feeding who now?

However, it seems you don't know much about audio production; because you rely on others opinions to justify your choices, and you keep comparing two unrelated tools that don't have the same goal at all.

Your statements are quite unrelated and misleading, and you are the kind of person that I never want to work with in music - if we listened to you we'll be all playing Stratocasters on Marshall amps singing some shitty pop tune made of four chords. Recorded with Shure SM57 of course.

In the mean time I'll go back to actually producing something with my own, retarded tools of choice. You know, like real work, no poseur half-baked know-how.

​​You can go back to your pirate copy of Ableton on your Windows rig you never connect to the web because of all those fancy plugins you did not pay for.

​​​​​Good day sir.

Comment

Working...
                    X