Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GStreamer Components See Their First 1.9 Unstable Release

Phoronix: GStreamer Components See Their First 1.9 Unstable Release

GStreamer core, gst-plugins-base, gst-plugins-good, gst-plugins-ugly, gst-plugins-bad, gst-libav, gst-rtsp-server, gst-python, gst-editing-services, gst-validate, gstreamer-vaapi, and gst-omx now have out their first 1.9 unstable series releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, at least it looks like wxWidgets is finally done with their GStreamer 0.10 reliance: http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/14976
    So finally it should be possible to abolish gst0.10 for good. Only took until 1.10...

Comment

I noticed that Gstreamer marked the 'easy playback' API bug as fixed.

Currently there's a lot of code you need to add to just play something. With the new change (I forgot the details) a lot of that should go away. The intention (not sure if they reached it yet) is that it should be super easy to add some video capabilities to your application. I'm guessing that'll be one of the new things for 1.9.x

Comment

Working...
      X