Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel DRM-Next Performance Tests With Skylake (Linux 4.8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel DRM-Next Performance Tests With Skylake (Linux 4.8)

Phoronix: Intel DRM-Next Performance Tests With Skylake (Linux 4.8)

After finishing up this weekend's AMDGPU R9 Fury + RX 480 benchmarks of DRM-Next for material that will land with Linux 4.8 along with RX 480 overclocking support, tables turned to run some fresh benchmarks of the Intel DRM-Next code that will premiere in Linux 4.8...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Xonotic manages to pull off over 100 FPS at High settings and yet Dota 2 scrapes just under 20? Why is this? Is Dota 2 that unoptimized? I recall it performing pretty well on my 7850 with the open-source driver. Xonotic isn't really a pushover either, at least from what I've seen.

Comment

rc7 tagged 25 min ago

Comment

debianxfce

No way that your results are correct You likely didn't used openarena 0.8.8 test from phoronix-test-suite, that has different settings then default from original game

I estimate around 40 fps for your APU, otherwise something really improved (3 times boost) or has be broken with recent driver
        Last edited by dungeon; 11 July 2016, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          debianxfce

No way that your results are correct You likely didn't used openarena 0.8.8 test from phoronix-test-suite, that has different settings then default from original game

I estimate around 40 fps for your APU, otherwise something really improved (3 times boost) or has be broken with recent driver
          Nope, you didn't count the debian testing + xfce magic boost.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
            Nope, you didn't count the debian testing + xfce magic boost.
            Yeah, that probably helping him the most

Comment

A hope of increasing performance with new kernel is gone

Comment

That openarena version from distro will even run 25% faster if not more with fglrx or amdgpu-pro, then mesa do

Phoronix use custom settings for many tests, you can't compare these results with something on you own If you want, it force you to run these under as much as it can under same condition... so install suite, made comparison and if you want post a link of result.
                Last edited by dungeon; 11 July 2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Again it seems that you can not use search engines.
                  No custom settings in phoronix openarena test, see: http://openbenchmarking.org/innhold/...ac8a02eba4a25e
                  Yes there are custom settings... +exec pts-openarena-08 .... Otherwise the default OpenArena game is just too lightweight.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Again it seems that you can not use search engines.
                    No custom settings in phoronix openarena test, see: http://openbenchmarking.org/innhold/...ac8a02eba4a25e
                    Look closer there, there is link to custom setting... so download it and compare with your config http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/b...rena-088-1.zip

You will find difference especially cvar r_bloom_reflection "1" which makes your APU bandwidth capped, so you can't go much further if at all

I will not install any bloatware like phoronix test suite. Many tests do not have any custom settings.
                    Your choice, but then at least be aware that you can't compare your numbers to what you see on phoronix.
                    Last edited by dungeon; 11 July 2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X