Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyston 0.5.1 Is Making Python Code Even Faster

Phoronix: Pyston 0.5.1 Is Making Python Code Even Faster

In addition to Dropbox announcing the Lepton image compression algorithm, their Pyston team has announced the v0.5.1 release and it provides more performance improvements for this Python JIT...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Isn't the latest PyPy version in the 0.5.x range too? Surely not a coincidence!

Comment

It's 5.1.1 and that's what I had in mind.

Comment

OK, we'll see what happens to Pyston's versioning scheme. If they diverge, there was nothing to it, otherwise they're trying to ride PyPy's popularity and reputation.

Comment

About 6 months ago I read Dropbox's explanation why it had been necessary to start from scratch instead of contributing to PyPy. Even though there were a few sound technical reasons for not using pypy as is, I wasn't entirely convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon View Post
            About 6 months ago I read Dropbox's explanation why it had been necessary to start from scratch instead of contributing to PyPy. Even though there were a few sound technical reasons for not using pypy as is, I wasn't entirely convinced.
            I am not entirely convinced by any of those projects. Although I find it entertaining to watch them trying.

Comment

Working...
            X