Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 367.35 Released, Supports 8K H.265 Video Decoding

Phoronix: NVIDIA 367.35 Released, Supports 8K H.265 Video Decoding

NVIDIA Corp is out today with a rather notewrothy 367.xx series Linux driver update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"The biggest addition for end-users with the 367.35 driver is support for VDPAU Feature Set H, which allows GPU-based decoding of 8K H.265/HEVC video streams. "

Well it's about damn time Ngreedia!

Do you know how many YEARS I've had support for 8K HEVC decoding with my fully open source AMD drivers by AMD -- you know, that company that single-handedly invented open source and designed the open-source positronic android that you fools think is Linus Torvalds?

I'll tell you how many years: 0! It's about time you caught up Ngreedia!

Comment

Fixed a regression that could cause console corruption when resuming from suspend.
      Will this finally fix the issue in KDE when resuming from suspend and the screen is a graphical mess ?

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post

Will this finally fix the issue in KDE when resuming from suspend and the screen is a graphical mess ?
        At a wild guess... No

Comment

I get a black screen on start and I need to go back to VT1 to back to VT7 for it to show me the desktop again. ;(

Yep: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...en-with-367-35

Comment

For now in xubuntu (no desktop composition) test system stay working normally

nvenc works

At simple seek remain very similar to 367.27

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
              I get a black screen on start and I need to go back to VT1 to back to VT7 for it to show me the desktop again. ;(

Yep: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...en-with-367-35
              yep same for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post

So KDE is affected too, good to know. A fix for this is long overdue, but I have little hope of NVidia fixing it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanM View Post

So KDE is affected too, good to know. A fix for this is long overdue, but I have little hope of NVidia fixing it soon.
                  That's how nVidia does tho. Decent 3d performance, but slow as hell desktop performance and buggy. I personally think it's a problem with how programmers are given a block of functionality to code and then all the different blocks are abstracted together. It makes real shitty code that really can't be debugged. That's why nVidia drivers and Catalyst drivers have bugs that go unfixed for years.

Comment

if nvidia is such a shit why so many here have their graphics in their computers? it's totally out of my comprehension.. I can't imagine you turn on the computer the first time as you crack a chocolate egg and then realise "oh fuck I didn't get AMD radeon".. why in the hell??

Comment

Working...
                    X