Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pale Moon Browser 27 Alpha Released

Phoronix: Pale Moon Browser 27 Alpha Released

The first alpha of Pale Moon 27 was released this weekend. Pale Moon continues to serve as a Mozilla Firefox derived open-source web-browser that sticks to the older Firefox user-interface and also uses a fork of the Gecko layout engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why is the Mozilla Firefox logo used for this article? I thought this project was created by Mozilla when in fact it has nothing to do with them.

Comment

I don't understand the point of Pale Moon going into the future. It was definitely useful at one point, but when I see things like
      Pale Moon's front-end features are well-established, tried-and-tested features that work well in terms of flexibility and customizability for users. The front-end is and will remain XUL-based and fully extensible by the user.
      I think that's some of the stupidest things I've ever read. If the world worked like that, we'd all be using the "tried and tested" features of DOS. XUL is being depreciated for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
        I think that's some of the stupidest things I've ever read. If the world worked like that, we'd all be using the "tried and tested" features of DOS. XUL is being depreciated for a reason.
        read more: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8756
        newer != better

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
          I don't understand the point of Pale Moon going into the future. It was definitely useful at one point, but when I see things like

---

That's the only way they can realistically continue it, cater to the veteran unix admins, hardcore XP fanboys, and similar people that think "deprecated and abandoned" = "tried and tested".

Comment

Originally posted by ipsirc View Post
            the stuff in that forum is so batshit crazy that I'm going to treat Palemoon as malware if I see it in other people's PCs.

Comment

Interesting, I didn’t know Pale Moon was available for Linux. I’ve been looking for a better browser for a while since every Firefox update since FF4 has been crap.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                That's the only way they can realistically continue it, cater to the veteran unix admins, hardcore XP fanboys, and similar people that think "deprecated and abandoned" = "tried and tested".
                It's real screwed up how you equate unix admins with xp fanboys. It clearly demonstrates how stupid you are. If you want to sound dumb, that's about as dumb as you -can- sound.

I'm not defending firefox at all, I'm just defending stable software that has been working in production for years.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  It's real screwed up how you equate unix admins with xp fanboys.
                  Fair point, I needed to add more obvious explanation.

"veteran unix admins" is how the most fervent systemd haters tend to define themselves, anyone with a modicum of presence on this board (and on the internet) should know by now.

I'm not shitting on true unix admins of course.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    Fair point, I needed to add more obvious explanation.

"veteran unix admins" is how the most fervent systemd haters tend to define themselves, anyone with a modicum of presence on this board (and on the internet) should know by now.

I'm not shitting on true unix admins of course.
                    No that would not be the obvious conclusion because this topic doesn't have anything to do with systemd and also it's only available for linux operating systems. HPUX, AIX, BSD, Solaris, you know the actual unixes, use a SystemV compatible init.

What's obvious is you let your fanboyism get the best of you again.

Comment

Working...
                    X