Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Mesa Driver Appears Ready For OpenGL 4.5

Phoronix: Intel's Mesa Driver Appears Ready For OpenGL 4.5

It looks like Intel's Mesa open-source Linux graphics driver may be done with OpenGL 4.4 and 4.5, assuming you are using Broadwell hardware or newer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's one heck of a milestone. Congratulations to everyone involved.
    Test signature

Comment

Michael, pleae don't use the term OpenGL compliance in association with Mesa git tree. Mesa has not passed the OpenGL compliance test suite, so should not be referred to as OpenGL compliant.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
        Michael, pleae don't use the term OpenGL compliance in association with Mesa git tree. Mesa has not passed the OpenGL compliance test suite, so should not be referred to as OpenGL compliant.
        "Feature complete" would probably be a more appropriate description.

Comment

Cool

Hey Bridgman, do you maybe know why are some GL1 apps 2 to 3 times slower when using llvm 3.9 on oppose to 3.8? Switching to GL 4.3 on radeonsi seems making shits for oldies down there
          Last edited by dungeon; 20 July 2016, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Hey Bridgman, do you maybe know why are some GL1 apps 2 to 3 times slower when using llvm 3.9 on oppose to 3.8? Switching to GL 4.3 on radeonsi seems making shits for oldies down there
            No, hadn't heard anything about that. Any suggestions for apps to try other than glxgears ?
            Test signature

Comment

This is the first piece of GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts that I've seen land for one platform (i965) before the others. Any word on how far off the AMD and NVidia support is?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                No, hadn't heard anything about that. Any suggestions for apps to try other than glxgears ?
                Let say any ioquake3 engine game like OpenJK, ioRTCW, etc... or classic OpenArena.

edit: Yeah, run openarena from phoronix-test-suite that show an issue too So llvm 3.9 vs 3.8... against current git or mesa 12 branch does not matter, it is slow on both with 3.9, etc...
                Last edited by dungeon; 21 July 2016, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
                  If someone started a Kickstarter (but not on Indiegogo) for this goal, i.e. for Mesa to become a member of the Khronos group and apply for specific compliance tests, I would be in with some money.

Comment

Originally posted by zboszor View Post

If someone started a Kickstarter (but not on Indiegogo) for this goal, i.e. for Mesa to become a member of the Khronos group and apply for specific compliance tests, I would be in with some money.
                    Intel registered Mesa 10.3.0 for conformance with OpenGL ES 3.0. If it mattered to anyone, they could file for conformance with desktop GL 4.5 on Gen8/9+. I don't know what good that would do, however.

https://www.khronos.org/conformance/...ducts#opengles

Comment

Working...
                    X