Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS Released

The first point release to the Ubuntu 16.04 Long Term Support (LTS) release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I thought this release was supposed to have new, awesome AMD GPU drivers? Did I misremember?

Comment

Originally posted by CleanCut View Post
      I thought this release was supposed to have new, awesome AMD GPU drivers? Did I misremember?
      they talk in some point realease in future, they have the last stable amdgpu in their repos, the closed source drivers is in beta simply need to download from the website

Comment

This is just up to date and bug fix point release image of current set of packages in the land of LTS, nothing much more.

Comment

Is it upgradable since the current release or is it necessary to install it as new installation? thanks.

Comment

If you already has LTS installed you don't need this at all, this is just image recommended for new installations.

It is just recommended way for most users but not necessary, you can install it via netinstall mini.iso and ignore all this or whatever is more handy for you
            Last edited by dungeon; 22 July 2016, 08:04 AM.

Comment

thanks for answering.

Comment

You might be thinking about HWE1. That's scheduled for 16.04.2 as usual for LTS-releases.

Comment

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEn...Kernel_Support

IIRC the diagram is slightly misleading in the sense that 16.04.0 updates effectively turn it into 16.04.1 anyways, so only 16.04.1 and 16.04.5 really have long term support. Not 100% sure about that though.
                  Last edited by bridgman; 24 July 2016, 12:20 PM.
                  Test signature

Comment

Working...
                  X