Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphin Emulator's Vulkan Back-End Is Now Feature Complete

Phoronix: Dolphin Emulator's Vulkan Back-End Is Now Feature Complete

Just last month I was writing about the Dolphin Emulator working on a Vulkan back-end and already this back-end is said to be "feature complete" for this open-source Nintendo GameCube/Wii emulator...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also nice to hear that Vulkan is performing (slightly) better than DX12,
    even though a second level FIFO is not implemented:

This thread will be strictly moderated, any off-topic or pointless comments will be deleted. Not going to implement XFB, waiting on TextureCache-based XFB first. Same with screenshot/frame dumping...

This thread will be strictly moderated, any off-topic or pointless comments will be deleted. Not going to implement XFB, waiting on TextureCache-based XFB first. Same with screenshot/frame dumping...

Comment

Dolphin has always been among the first to implement new technologies. As a side effect, it always relies on newer hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Dolphin has always been among the first to implement new technologies. As a side effect, it always relies on newer hardware.
        A lot of emulators do while seeing good active development. just look at the Xbox 360 emulator Xenia and its requirements, they're almost criminal for the hardware

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
          as a matter of fact, they are the only project than I have heard that use opengl AZDO

Comment

I hope that the CEMU emulator (Wii U) adds support for Vulkan soon.

Comment

I will definitely use this to squeeze the max juice out of my emulation on my Gaming MPC.

Comment

Wow that was quick. Last time I heard about DX12 support they were like "yeah I guess we'll consider Vulkan at some point". Pretty awesome to see.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  Wow that was quick. Last time I heard about DX12 support they were like "yeah I guess we'll consider Vulkan at some point". Pretty awesome to see.
                  The Vulkan and DX12 backends were not done by the Dolphin team but by outsiders.
                  The team consistently said that they were open to it being done by others, but none of the devs was really interested in doing it, so no surprise here

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
                    I hope that the CEMU emulator (Wii U) adds support for Vulkan soon.
                    isn't that the closed source one? cause I'll pass, emulators should be open source for a good number of reasons

Comment

Working...
                    X