Ubuntu OTA-12 Bringing More Features & Improvements To Mobile Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu OTA-12 Bringing More Features & Improvements To Mobile Ubuntu

Phoronix: Ubuntu OTA-12 Bringing More Features & Improvements To Mobile Ubuntu

Ubuntu OTA-12 is being released today by Canonical as the latest over-the-air update for Ubuntu tablet/phone users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am eagerly waiting for the update (BQ Aquaris M10 HD)...

Comment

The 7 users waiting for this are thrilled!

Comment

Originally posted by Helios747 View Post
        Great use of your 15th post. Seems that you'll quickly developed into a 9th level Phoronix Troll Wizard. Here's your tin foil hat, you've earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios747 View Post
          LOL True story.

Comment

Originally posted by maveric7911 View Post

LOL True story.
            Great 1st post. Congrats, well invested...

@Topic: Glad I sold my Ubuntu phone. It's a crappy OS, just like the Desktop OS.
            Last edited by theghost; 27 July 2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

As one of the 7 users, I'm hoping web browser improvements means stability and websites that consider JavaScript an essential part of the web browsing experience actually work in a nice way. These forums, for example, are just about tolerable on a desktop (I still have to wait several seconds after page load/draw to scroll down) while on Ubuntu's mobile browser it really is a struggle to use.

That aside, if this release doesn't have some kind of regression then they're doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
                As one of the 7 users, I'm hoping web browser improvements means stability and websites that consider JavaScript an essential part of the web browsing experience actually work in a nice way. These forums, for example, are just about tolerable on a desktop (I still have to wait several seconds after page load/draw to scroll down) while on Ubuntu's mobile browser it really is a struggle to use.

That aside, if this release doesn't have some kind of regression then they're doing well.
                I think you can blame Phoronix coding for that, I had issues with Phoronix forum on Android as well, all other forums I visit on my Ubuntu phone dont have such delays. Writing this now from my E4.5 and eagerly awaiting the update.

Comment

Looking forward to an update on my Nexus 5. There's no way I could use it as a daily driver right now, especially with the lack of a swype-like keyboard. But I'm eagerly looking forward to the platform's evolution and might even develop some apps for it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
                    Looking forward to an update on my Nexus 5. There's no way I could use it as a daily driver right now, especially with the lack of a swype-like keyboard. But I'm eagerly looking forward to the platform's evolution and might even develop some apps for it.
                    On officially launched phones its pretty good now, dont know how well community ports work, I dont lack much on it now, and with Skype going WebRTC we might get a proper Skype client for Ubuntu Touch. I might upgrade my BQ Aquaris E4.5 with Meizu MX6 though and have convergence via wifi screencasting. Is Nexus 5 port working well?

Comment

Working...
                    X