Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" Alpha 2 Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" Alpha 2 Released

Today marks the second alpha release for Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" flavors participating in these early development releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Progress is real:

Comment

I watched Unity 8, Mir and XMir demos on Youtube and they look impressive, Mir seems to give a very smooth experience and Unity 8 looks pretty snappy, mirscreencast videos dont do them justice but videos recorded with a camera show how good they are. The guy who does all these Unity 8 videos says his computer is old so the performance on newer computers should be even better. Unity 8 needs more polish for desktop use, but it is making good progress, I plan on installing Ubuntu 16.10 on a separate partition to play with Unity 8 and Mir.

Comment

The issue here is the same as windows 8/10. While it should be cool on a phone/tablet, I don't need giant icons and giant empty, unused spaces on my desktop monitor. People use high resolution monitors to have more and actual content shown to them.

Comment

Hmm, so 16.10 has working Mir and Unity8? I must check it.

On 16.04 Unity 8 doesn't work. I'll see how it's work on 16.10.

Comment

Working...
          X