Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unity 5.4 Arrives With Better Multi-Threaded Rendering, Other Rendering Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity 5.4 Arrives With Better Multi-Threaded Rendering, Other Rendering Improvements

Phoronix: Unity 5.4 Arrives With Better Multi-Threaded Rendering, Other Rendering Improvements

Unity 5.4 was released this morning as the latest version of this popular cross-platform game engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, there is a typo: "ANdroid"

Comment

As soon as it gets to version 7.x we'll have a really hard time to figure out if an article is talking about the desktop environment or the game engine.

I already struggle as it is...

Comment

Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
        Michael, there is a typo: "ANdroid"
        Fixed, thanks
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
          As soon as it gets to version 7.x we'll have a really hard time to figure out if an article is talking about the desktop environment or the game engine.

I already struggle as it is...
          I see what you mean. I read the title and I was like wait a minute isn't Canonical's new environent Unity 8? Why are we regressing? Before realising there is also a game engine called Unity.

Comment

Yeah, I recognized that too. I think it would be easier for readers if the game engine was referred to as Unity3D. In fact that's most often how their logo's portray it.

Comment

Originally posted by r_a_trip View Post

I see what you mean. I read the title and I was like wait a minute isn't Canonical's new environent Unity 8? Why are we regressing? Before realising there is also a game engine called Unity.
              I have a worse situation because I often have projects writing against Hyland's Unity API, which is a C# API for a document management system called OnBase. Ugh!

Comment

Pls make linux editor stable.. I want to see it on the official download page

Comment

Unity should get a better, more distinguished name.
                  Unity Game Engine/Environment -> Unigage
                  (Extra G for easy pronounciation.)
                  Ain't that a kickass name?

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
                    Pls make linux editor stable.. I want to see it on the official download page
                    waiting for an official linux release as well. But before that, they better fix the 100% cpu load bug in the editor. It's simply unacceptable.

Comment

Working...
                    X