Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailfish OS 2.0.2 In Early Access With Variety Of Improvements

Phoronix: Sailfish OS 2.0.2 In Early Access With Variety Of Improvements

Jolla announced today that their Sailfish OS 2.0.2 "Aurajoki" mobile operating system release is available as early access...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is the UI 2.0 they promised would be opensource, open yet? Is their applications opensource yet? Is the first UI, which they promised to opensource after they threw it away opensource yet?

Fuck Sailfish, it's worse than Android.

Support Ubuntu Touch and KDE Mobile, not this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      Is the UI 2.0 they promised would be opensource, open yet? Is their applications opensource yet? Is the first UI, which they promised to opensource after they threw it away opensource yet?

Fuck Sailfish, it's worse than Android.

Support Ubuntu Touch and KDE Mobile, not this shit.
      NOTHING IS WORSE THAN ANDROID (nothing linux-based of course)

android is a bad OS with a lot of problems in security,performance and size (2GB of ram + 4GB of storage required for running "OK")

sailfish is made with qt and wayland, is much more like a desktop distro and runs good in a cheap phone

Comment

tizen is very good too and had success in india

Comment

Doesn't seem that the Media app got a big update to me. Some icons, a bit more compact, but that's it. Feels like a nice touch, however

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
            tizen is very good too and had success in india
            Indeed, I have more interest in Tizen than Sailfish, assuming Samsung doesn't screw it up some how.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
              NOTHING IS WORSE THAN ANDROID (nothing linux-based of course)

android is a bad OS with a lot of problems in security,performance and size (2GB of ram + 4GB of storage required for running "OK")

sailfish is made with qt and wayland, is much more like a desktop distro and runs good in a cheap phone
              Really, stop buying Samsung Android phones. Anything non-samsung with 1GB ram + 2 GB (usable) storage can run Android fine. There is a reason Samsung's Touchwiz (interface) is called "lagwiz".

Also no, Android is at least opensourced with a permissive license (and most blobs are hardware drivers), Sailfish has proprietary shit in the UI.

Comment

They're kinda selfish with releasing Sailfish code as opensource sadly...

I do like the concept of system, but fact it's proprietary is putting me off..

Comment

This company is nuts. I can't even buy a Tablet right now, they're like a drama queen that probably prospers only from bad PR.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                    This company is nuts. I can't even buy a Tablet right now, they're like a drama queen that probably prospers only from bad PR.
                    Yeah. I was highly interested in Sailfish OS - years ago. I'm still waiting for appropriate hardware ...

Comment

Working...
                    X