Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Survey For July 2016: Linux +0.02%

Phoronix: Steam Survey For July 2016: Linux +0.02%

Valve has published their monthly Steam Hardware/Software Survey results, including the Linux vs. macOS vs. Windows breakdown...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

306 linux steam games and counting... Of 650, more games than never in linux... Thanks steam and gog n hb

Comment

Still more then double less then Windows XP 32 bit

Comment

Oh, yeah, that was me, I ran Steam on my Linux laptop to buy a game that was on sale when I was away on vacation and didn't have access to my desktop.

Comment

OMG everyone lets freak out every time there is a + or - on a randomly selected survey. XD

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            more then double less
            Hmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Sign into Steam multiple times in the month on Linux and never get asked to do the survey. Sign in once on Windows and immediately get asked to do the survey. I wouldn't put too much thought into the results.

Comment

Originally posted by le grand fuzzy View Post
                Sign into Steam multiple times in the month on Linux and never get asked to do the survey. Sign in once on Windows and immediately get asked to do the survey. I wouldn't put too much thought into the results.
                Why would Valve want to subvert their own efforts though? What would be the motivation behind biasing towards Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post

Why would Valve want to subvert their own efforts though? What would be the motivation behind biasing towards Windows?
                  It's either to launch a sneak attack on microsoft when the real numbers are right, or gross incompetence. Considering they refuse to even put out a 64-bit version of their client, I'm leaning towards the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post
                    Considering they refuse to even put out a 64-bit version of their client,
                    But they don't even have one for Windows yet?!!

Comment

Working...
                    X