Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KVM Changes Lined Up For Linux 4.8 Kernel

Phoronix: KVM Changes Lined Up For Linux 4.8 Kernel

The Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) changes were sent in today as the new feature work for Linux 4.8...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hardware virtualization on MIPS? I thought they were mostly low-end processors for network devices. What is that for? Are there high-power MIPS systems too?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Hardware virtualization on MIPS? I thought they were mostly low-end processors for network devices. What is that for? Are there high-power MIPS systems too?
      There are.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
        Ooh, naughty naughty naughty chinese, they are trying to use MIPS instead of x86.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Most of the IMG/MIPS warrior range of cores have it, e.g. PIC32MZ (M5150 core) at the low end, and Baikal T1 (P5600 core) at the higher end, as well as I6400 core (mid range 64bit) and P6600 core (high end 64bit). Broadcom XLP 900 series and Cavium Octeon III also have it.

Comment

Originally posted by jhogan View Post
            Most of the IMG/MIPS warrior range of cores have it, e.g. PIC32MZ (M5150 core) at the low end, and Baikal T1 (P5600 core) at the higher end, as well as I6400 core (mid range 64bit) and P6600 core (high end 64bit). Broadcom XLP 900 series and Cavium Octeon III also have it.
            Ah cool, also russians are into this. I actually just remembered that Baikal processor as I've seen this news here http://techreleasedate.com/tavolga-t...-debian-linux/
            where they made a relatively decent AIO with it and Debian.

Comment

Working...
            X