Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Quietly Updates AMDGPU-PRO Driver: 16.30.3-315407

Phoronix: AMD Quietly Updates AMDGPU-PRO Driver: 16.30.3-315407

There's a new AMDGPU-PRO driver update now available for Ubuntu users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did i miss it in the past or is another change, that hawaii is now officially supported by amdgpu-pro?

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
      Did i miss it in the past or is another change, that hawaii is now officially supported by amdgpu-pro?
      I asked bridgman about the status of both the FOSS- and the AMDGPU Pro driver in the forums a couple of weeks ago. Even though there might be some instability issues, I think they're pretty good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
        The official support is in since this very release.
        Hopefully, they can get SI support done soon so that this orphany story is over w/ fglrx/catalyst, gcn and unsupported hardware.

There is new hardware to support ahead (Polaris 11, Vega, Raven Ridge), features to catch up (the DAL trouble; audio output, freesync support) and still the promise to fulfil to release Vulkan and OpenCL drivers under a free license.
        Guess the guys won't get bored anytime soon...
        Last edited by juno; 04 August 2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

bridgman Any news on when distribution agnostic packaging will be available?

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
            The official support is in since this very release.
            Hopefully, they can get SI support done soon so that this orphany story is over w/ fglrx/catalyst, gcn and unsupported hardware.
            Interesting... thanks for the info. I'm going to have to try this out soon. I haven't bothered AMDGPU-Pro due to how much work was involved for Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven3x7 View Post
              bridgman Any news on when distribution agnostic packaging will be available?
              Not sure if John is the exactly right person to ask; he and his team are already providing a distribution independent driver.
              But probably he can try to ask inside the enterprise for the blob driver.

Seems to be true that the new blob doesn't play nice outside of Ubuntu, this is indeed a bit sad if you need the blob for something.

Other than that I'm looking forward to benchmarks of the RX 470 and hopefully also RX 460. The Windows side reviews I read so far were good and stated that the RX 470 is a solid chip.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Does anybody know if and/or when GCN 1.0 cards will be supported by this driver?

Comment

Originally posted by fakenmc View Post
                  Does anybody know if and/or when GCN 1.0 cards will be supported by this driver?
                  There is no release schedule but work is being done. Watch phoronix news

Comment

Other then some revisited profiles, as i see profiles are added for Dead Island, Civ5 and Insurgency.

SteamOS driver from 16.40 serie has same Dead Island, Civ5 profiles, but not for Insurgency... they have Euro Truck Simulator 2 profile instead

BTW 16.30 is what is shipped with WHQL 16.7.3 driver for Windows, so that is what we got same stable as Win user which is fine, 16.40 is beta/next/further... that probably waiting after RX 470 and RX 460 release.
                    Last edited by dungeon; 04 August 2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X