Fedora 25 Alpha Freeze Goes Into Effect, Still Eyeing November Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 25 Alpha Freeze Goes Into Effect, Still Eyeing November Release

Phoronix: Fedora 25 Alpha Freeze Goes Into Effect, Still Eyeing November Release

Today marks the Fedora 25 Alpha release that also means it's time for the software string freeze and Bodhi activation point. If all goes well, Fedora 25 will be released three months from yesterday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fedora 25 ... Still Eyeing November Release
    Good one

Comment

Wayland is not mentioned anywhere in that wiki page (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/25/ChangeSet).

I guess they are aiming for Wayland by default?

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post
        Wayland is not mentioned anywhere in that wiki page (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/25/ChangeSet).

I guess they are aiming for Wayland by default?
        If they were i think it would be all over the place. Maybe it got pushed back again.

Comment

Fedora 25 ... still eyeing november release
          So.. we can expect it by December.

Comment

Originally posted by bitman View Post

If they were i think it would be all over the place. Maybe it got pushed back again.
            Indeed it seems that way, but they will likely be making the decision within the alpha period (i.e. before f25 beta), near the time of the GNOME 3.21.9X releases, as they can get a better idea how complete Wayland+GBOME 3,22 will be. IIRC though, I believe the release team specified they want to try to make a timely release for 25, so it may get postponed to f26.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

Indeed it seems that way, but they will likely be making the decision within the alpha period (i.e. before f25 beta), near the time of the GNOME 3.21.9X releases, as they can get a better idea how complete Wayland+GBOME 3,22 will be. IIRC though, I believe the release team specified they want to try to make a timely release for 25, so it may get postponed to f26.
              Lol "GBOME", I meant GNOME. I assume Micheal took away editing rights on the forum.

Comment

FWIW, I just tried the Fedora 25 Alpha ISO and it seems Gnome Wayland is the default so far...

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post
                  FWIW, I just tried the Fedora 25 Alpha ISO and it seems Gnome Wayland is the default so far...
                  Which alpha iso? there is none stable?

THere is none last known good f25 workstation image.

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post

Which alpha iso? there is none stable?

THere is none last known good f25 workstation image.
                    Ah, my bad. I thought the Alpha was already released. Googling "download Fedora 25" I got here:
                    https://muug.ca/mirror/fedora/linux/...on/x86_64/iso/

But now I see it has yesterday's date. Maybe it ends up being the same as Alpha, but it is not labeled as such yet.
                    Last edited by franglais125; 09 August 2016, 12:16 PM. Reason: Edit: I am not a regular Fedora user, so sorry for the noise :)

Comment

Working...
                    X