Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight Features You Will Not Find In The Mainline Linux 4.8 Kernel

Phoronix: Eight Features You Will Not Find In The Mainline Linux 4.8 Kernel

The merge window for Linux 4.8 closed this past weekend and while our feature overview covers all the exciting changes there is some functionality we wish would be in this kernel -- or existing functionality to otherwise be changed / improved upon -- that unfortunately is not...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

and kdbus

Comment

BTRFS Raid 5/6 support = yeah... didnt listen it is not stable and lost whole 2TB array :/

Comment

> Eight Features You Will Not Find In The Mainline Linux 4.8 Kernel
        > Among the features you won't find in the mainline Linux 4.9 kernel include the following eight items.

You sure that they won't get included in 4.9?

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
          and kdbus
          That one has been dead for some time now. The bus1 was its successor as far as I'm aware, but I don't know anything about it nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post

That one has been dead for some time now. The bus1 was its successor as far as I'm aware, but I don't know anything about it nowadays.
            i havent seen any new buses in the kernels but am still stuck on 4.6.4 because of nvidia. Why are we killing the kernel console? I loved it. Not sure how but the TTYs have disappeared on me and i have like no consoles now and have to try to fix things with SSH. What a pain in the ass..

Comment

I hope someone will fix and include zcache again.

Comment

Support for Texas Instruments Chips aka Tnetw1450 and ACX110 and modern Mediatek chips to have all AVM wifi usb devices supported out of thethe box.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

i havent seen any new buses in the kernels but am still stuck on 4.6.4 because of nvidia. Why are we killing the kernel console? I loved it. Not sure how but the TTYs have disappeared on me and i have like no consoles now and have to try to fix things with SSH. What a pain in the ass..
                  Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As for the disappearance of tty's, I suppose you should blame nvidia and their closed source kernel module which is responsible for handling/displaying the console.

Comment

ZFS, seriously? Of course it won't be in 4.8, or even 4.9, or any other foreseeable release. Did you seriously expect it to be included, Michael?

Comment

Working...
                    X