Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libweston-Desktop Added To Wayland's Weston

Phoronix: Libweston-Desktop Added To Wayland's Weston

For the past two years already there has been an effort going of building libweston, effectively punting much of the Weston code off into a library that can then be re-used by other Wayland compositors. Libweston provides most of the basic Wayland protocol components and other low-level functionality so it becomes easier for developers to build full-featured Wayland compositors. Now part of the family is Libweston-Desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Features I lack in Weston is window positioning edge resistance to make it easier to position windows in the corners, and window position hotkeys such as WinKey+Left and WinKey+Right to move the window to the left side of the screen or to the right side of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Features I lack in Weston is window positioning edge resistance to make it easier to position windows in the corners, and window position hotkeys such as WinKey+Left and WinKey+Right to move the window to the left side of the screen or to the right side of the screen.
      Weston is supposed to be a testbed. Use one of the other compositors and you'll probably be fine. Other than that its mostly an app thing at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post

Weston is supposed to be a testbed. Use one of the other compositors and you'll probably be fine. Other than that its mostly an app thing at this point.
        I've also tried GNOME Shell. Unfortunately it also suffers from bad window positioning.
        Applications does not open where you close them.

Other than that, GNOME works well. I've experienced a bug with the shadows in GNOME Terminal, and a bug with the window decorator in Evince.

Comment

Working...
        X