No announcement yet.

Nouveau Engine Reclocking Fixes Continue, NVIDIA Maxwell Re-Clocking Achieved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Engine Reclocking Fixes Continue, NVIDIA Maxwell Re-Clocking Achieved

Phoronix: Nouveau Engine Reclocking Fixes Continue, NVIDIA Maxwell Re-Clocking Achieved

Independent Nouveau developer Karol Herbst continues to be hard at work on improving the re-clocking state of the open-source NVIDIA Linux driver stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm pretty exited about this patches, wanting to see if i get 125 stable fps on openarena on all maps like with nvdia's blob
    I bought a 650 with 2GB just to use it with nouveau (yes, I'm that crazy), and to have it in case I need cuda for blender or something
    So Michael I would appreciate a lot if you could include the 650 with that nouveau benchmark.
    I know is old, but people who want a 100% free system still consider the 650, 680 and 750.

Comment

Still waiting for *automatic* reclocking of my 4 year old Kepler GPU.

Comment

Nice job Karol you keeps hammering on power management.

Comment

Originally posted by jf33 View Post
          Still waiting for *automatic* reclocking of my 4 year old Kepler GPU.
          Automatic reclocking is a bit way to go, we need to be sure none of switching combinations doesn't lock different cards. There - or there will be - tests for users to do so we can be sure that as many cards work flawlessly with switching before it can be actually enabled on stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pecisk View Post

Automatic reclocking is a bit way to go, we need to be sure none of switching combinations doesn't lock different cards. There - or there will be - tests for users to do so we can be sure that as many cards work flawlessly with switching before it can be actually enabled on stable.
            Maybe there should be a Nouveau-staging which has everything experimental enabled, and users can test it at their own risk. It could provide more feedback too. Being a different package would still keep regular users safe.

Comment

Only Maxwell 1 really works huh? Well, this is still big news, I'm delighted!

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Maybe there should be a Nouveau-staging which has everything experimental enabled, and users can test it at their own risk. It could provide more feedback too. Being a different package would still keep regular users safe.
                I actually thought about this idea, but I think it is too much of an hazzle to actually do that.

Comment

Originally posted by PluMGMK View Post
                  Only Maxwell 1 really works huh? Well, this is still big news, I'm delighted!
                  I actually use a GTX750 specifically because it's in the tiny set of cards that are nVidia (because none of the open drivers were in an acceptable state at purchase time), new enough to support more than two monitors, and old enough to not require signed Nouveau firmware (which wasn't available at the time).

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

I actually thought about this idea, but I think it is too much of an hazzle to actually do that.
                    How about some simple options? enable_test_reclock=y

Comment

Working...
                    X