Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRI2 Page-Flipping Patches For The Generic Modesetting DDX

Phoronix: DRI2 Page-Flipping Patches For The Generic Modesetting DDX

Qiang Yu of AMD has published a set of patches to provide DRI2 page-flipping support for the generic modesetting KMS X.Org driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about DRI3?

Comment

Originally posted by article
      So far X.Org developers from across different vendors appear interested in this work.
      Yeah, an intel guy seems to be very interested in this. I guess it's one of the "kill the 2D intel driver camp".

"Thanks for doing this! I will have a look at it whenever I can, but this is great!" martin.peres at linux.intel.com https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-de...st/050709.html

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure medesetting already had page flipping, at least for DRI3. Any light on this?
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

From the commit message: "and reuse present page flip code in the modesetting driver"

So yes, DRI3 already had page flipping.

Comment

Does xf86-video-modesetting even support DRI2?

The following forum thread suggested that xf86-video-modesetting is using DRI3 by default:

And if you look at the manpage of xf86-video-modesetting, there isn't even an option to switch from DRI2 to DRI3 or from DRI3 to DRI2...

Comment

On my tegra k1 chromebook modesetting uses dri2. It would actually be very cool if it were to use dri3 because then DRI_PRIME could be used for the nvidia gpu.

Comment

Working...
              X