Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 16.08 Released, Canonical Becomes A Patron

Phoronix: KDE Applications 16.08 Released, Canonical Becomes A Patron

KDE Applications 16.08 was released today as the newest bundle of KDE applications built atop KDE Frameworks 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great news that will likely cause some butthurt in certain people.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
      Great news that will likely cause some butthurt in certain people.
      Why would anyone be butthurt over KDE doing KDE things and getting supported for it?

Comment

Though I'm glad KDE devs are getting some funding, I'm not sure I understand why Canonical is pitching in, considering KDE refuses to accept Mir.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Though I'm glad KDE devs are getting some funding, I'm not sure I understand why Canonical is pitching in, considering KDE refuses to accept Mir.
          Maybe they're trying to bribe them? :P

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post

Why would anyone be butthurt over KDE doing KDE things and getting supported for it?
            Because it is Canonical and that is more than enough for some people to be butthurt, according to them Canonical and Ubuntu are evil.

Comment

Because it is Canonical and that is more than enough for some people to be butthurt, according to them Canonical and Ubuntu are evil.
              Is this all in your mind?

Comment

As long as they don't throw a CLA over KDE nor force it to run ONLY in Unity, there is no reason anyone would be butthurt over this.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post
                  psst! Because... (looks around suspiciously)... Canonical is Microsoft! ... But I never told you that... (goes away still looking around nervously).

Comment

Originally posted by bkor View Post

Is this all in your mind?
                    You can find comments by such people on various Linux portals in news related to Canonical and Ubuntu, especially in Mir related news. If you havent seen them then you didnt do much reading of such news. I am not saying they are a majority, but they exist and they tend to be butthurt whenever Canonical is involved in any Linux project outside Ubuntu.

Comment

Working...
                    X