Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 370 Beta Has Experimental PRIME Synchronization

Phoronix: NVIDIA 370 Beta Has Experimental PRIME Synchronization

Earlier this week NVIDIA rolled out the 370.23 beta Linux driver and alongside the Pascal over/under-clocking support and other improvements for the GeForce GTX 1000 series, there is also experimental PRIME synchronization support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Code:
    NVIDIA has no plans to support PRIME render offload at this time.
    Great. Just great. I knew it was a mistake to buy an optimus laptop. But I was confused by all those articles about PRIME syncronization that Michael started posting since last year, I thought they might finally implement it under Linux too. Stupid, stupid, stupid me.

Fuck u Nvidia!

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
      Code:
      Great. Just great. I knew it was a mistake to buy an optimus laptop. But I was confused by all those articles about PRIME syncronization that Michael started posting since last year, I thought they might finally implement it under Linux too. Stupid, stupid, stupid me.

Fuck u Nvidia!
      bumblebee works well, the problem is nvidia prime used by ubuntu (one card per session) lacking sync and having horrible tearing.

the nvidia work is done
      the intel work is done (by nvidia)
      the kernel work is done.
      Once agains we need to wait for Xorg (xorg really needs to die)

Comment

Code:

Fuck u Nvidia!
        Let me get this straight. Nvidia never advertised offloading for Linux, you went out and bought a laptop with a Nvidia GPU thinking nouveau guys will get offloading to work, offloading still doesn't work and it's Nvidia's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Let me get this straight. Nvidia never advertised offloading for Linux, you went out and bought a laptop with a Nvidia GPU thinking nouveau guys will get offloading to work, offloading still doesn't work and it's Nvidia's fault?
          nuveau?! no dude, I thought nvidia willl make it work.
          and yes, It was my fault for not going deeper into the topic before making the decision. But I really got a laptop with a 960 at a good price back then.

Bumblebee is a joke and yes, it'a all nvidia'a fault. If they can support offloading on Windows, why can't they do the same on Linux????????
          Why?????????????????????? Just why??????????????

Comment

Yes, it's your fault. Next time you will probably remember to buy AMD cards instead of Nvidia's proprietary shit.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
              bumblebee works well, the problem is nvidia prime used by ubuntu (one card per session) lacking sync and having horrible tearing.

the nvidia work is done
              the intel work is done (by nvidia)
              the kernel work is done.
              Once agains we need to wait for Xorg (xorg really needs to die)
              Even if that were true, nvidia is kinda free to make the changes to Xorg needed to make the feature work.

Comment

nuveau?! no dude, I thought nvidia willl make it work.
                Why would you think that, when they never advertised the feature?

Comment

Posting this from a laptop (with Nvidia GTX 660M) running Fedora with Bumblebee and proprietary Nvidia driver. Works fine. Just remember to run applications and games with "primusrun". I don't have much hope in Prime yet.

Comment

Code:

Fuck u Nvidia!
                    OK, so you're clearly an idiot.

Not Nvidia's problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X