Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.9.17 Released, Direct3D CSMT & D3D11 Still Lacking

Phoronix: Wine 1.9.17 Released, Direct3D CSMT & D3D11 Still Lacking

Wine 1.9.17 is the latest bi-weekly release of this open-source software for running Windows programs/games on Linux and other operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still hoping that one day the xinput controller layout will actually match the buttons on the controller. It's just some old dinput stuff though...

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
      Wine is dead. Install Windows 10. It has support for all your useful programs and for linux. Get the best of both worlds. Wine is a failure.
      Still trolling along, I see...

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
        Wine is dead. Install Windows 10. It has support for all your useful programs and for linux. Get the best of both worlds. Wine is a failure.
        It's not. No. No it doesn't. Windows 10 is far from "the best of both worlds". No it's not.

There. NOW it's a proper Phoronix thread.

Comment

Its not a failure pnmy because it isn't perfect.
          There are quite a few applications that don't require dx11 and work well.

Comment

Michael out of curiosity, are you planning a gallium-nine vs wine CSMT benchmark comparison (i.e. with radeonsi)? or did you already do one?
            I was just curious if gallium-nine is actually worth it or not considering the changes in wine recently.

Would I be able to request something like this if I bought Phoronix premium? Just curious if you took "bribes" haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
              Michael out of curiosity, are you planning a gallium-nine vs wine CSMT benchmark comparison (i.e. with radeonsi)? or did you already do one?
              I was just curious if gallium-nine is actually worth it or not considering the changes in wine recently.

Would I be able to request something like this if I bought Phoronix premium? Just curious if you took "bribes" haha.
              That would be cool to see, but it will be critically important to also post CPU usage and GPU usage statistics along with framerate statistics. I have no doubt at all Nine wins hands down every single time if you look at the right data points. Framerate is only one important statistics as far as comparing CSMT vs Nine.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

That would be cool to see, but it will be critically important to also post CPU usage and GPU usage statistics along with framerate statistics. I have no doubt at all Nine wins hands down every single time if you look at the right data points. Framerate is only one important statistics as far as comparing CSMT vs Nine.
                EDIT: In that comparison, whichever one has the combination of lowest CPU, highest GPU, and highest minimum framerate wins. I'm absolutely positive Nine would have much lower CPU usage. And it'll probably be competitive or better on GPU usage and minimum framerate.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

EDIT: In that comparison, whichever one has the combination of lowest CPU, highest GPU, and highest minimum framerate wins. I'm absolutely positive Nine would have much lower CPU usage. And it'll probably be competitive or better on GPU usage and minimum framerate.
                  It would probably also be best to make sure a CPU bound game is tested too.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Still trolling along, I see...
                    I don't think he/she provides anything useful to this forum:
                    - Using profane language towards AMD forced into fornication by Nvidia and Intel at the same time (paraphrased of course)
                    - Calling Android useless and iPhone godly
                    - Calling anything but C/C++ useless
                    - Nonsense about Microsoft and Windows

... why is he/she on a Linux/Opensource website? All answers point to troll.

Comment

Working...
                    X