Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-Way Radeon/AMDGPU Benchmarks On Linux 4.8 + Mesa 12.1 Git

Phoronix: 10-Way Radeon/AMDGPU Benchmarks On Linux 4.8 + Mesa 12.1 Git

Continuing off from the fresh open-source AMDGPU test data from yesterday's AMDGPU-PRO vs. open-source Polaris + Fiji comparison, here are more AMD graphics cards tested from the Linux 4.8 development code paired with Mesa 12.1 Git...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Buying R9 Fury during stock clearance was a good idea. Price dropped a lot - bit more than RX 480 for a bit more performance (and no PCIe problem )

Comment

Interesting about the 260X (CI family, same as 290) - will make sure the devs know about that.

Note that with Mesa Git on pre-GCN GPUs there is only OpenGL 4.4 support for the Radeon HD 5800/6900 series while all other cards such as the HD 6870 are still currently bound to OpenGL 3.3 due to lacking FP64 emulation support.
      Should that read "OpenGL 4.1" ?
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Should that read "OpenGL 4.1" ?
        Whoops yeah, fixed. Thanks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          I wonder how many readers plays Metro Last Light with 4K resolution...
          Someone has a shiny new display and puts it in every benchmarks And some/most of them are hard to compare as 1080p display will run at 1080p falsifying the result (R9 270 beating GTX 1080 ).

Comment

Aside from the R9 290 having been in a regressed state, during this testing it was discovered my Radeon R7 260X is performing like garbage now too ...
            No wonder, both are Sea Islands.

Comment

I have a 260X and I haven't hit any regressions yet. I am however still on the amd-staging-4.6 kernel built for fedora from here: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...dora-24-amdgpu and I am on Mesa 12.1 git commit from a month or two ago.

Somebody should bisect it to see if there was a specific commit that caused the regression.

Comment

hmmm RX 470 looks to be nice ... now have to check ITX versions ...

Comment

Wow, my shiny-top-of-OSS-benchmarks 6870 sure looks outdated by now. I think I will upgrade my graphics card some time after vega.
                  I am finishing my studies in summer 2018, and I've been trying not to do any truly major update (CPU+Motherboard+RAM+SSD; and change laptop) until I graduate. Do you think it's a good idea, or should I upgrade just after Zen+Vega?

Comment

Yeah, because everybody here uses Linux because he can't afford Windows -.-
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X