Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Photos 3.22 Is Coming With Sharing Support

Phoronix: GNOME Photos 3.22 Is Coming With Sharing Support

GNOME Photos 3.21.90 was released this weekend and it finally adds experimental sharing support ahead of next month's GNOME 3.22 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

might as well Call Gnome Photo's Google Photos . i myself dont use Gnome Photo's

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      might as well Call Gnome Photo's Google Photos . i myself dont use Gnome Photo's
      What are you on about? This has no connection to Google aside from it being a sharing location, by which logic you might as well call it Yahoo Photos

Comment

I think (Not Your Own) NYO Photos would be better. Just say nyo.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post

What are you on about? This has no connection to Google aside from it being a sharing location, by which logic you might as well call it Yahoo Photos
          what am i on about, Sharing photo's generally you need a Social Media account or something along those lines. why would i wanbna Share a Photo of mine with someone else? but Gnome Photo's is going the same Route as Google or any other Closed source Photo App .

Comment

what am i on about, Sharing photo's generally you need a Social Media account or something along those lines. why would i wanbna Share a Photo of mine with someone else? but Gnome Photo's is going the same Route as Google or any other Closed source Photo App .
            Anvil, I am going to guess that English isn't your native language, because every post of yours that I see is barely comprehensible. Sharing supports more than social media-- it also is a convenient way to share to email (open email with this already loaded as an attachment), or share to bluetooth. Yes, to share to facebook, or share to Google, you would need an account. I have no idea what you mean by "Gnome Photos is going the same route as Google or any other closed sourced photo app." The sentence doesn't make any kind of logical sense.
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Added to Eric's comment, even if you don't use social media and don't want to share your photos/pictures that doesn't mean others don't. Most of the population has at least one social media account and the current most popular are entirely about sharing photos, those being Snapchat and Instagram.

Comment

This is nice. IIRC, KDE started something similar some time ago (you can for example share a photo from spectacle to KolourPaint, which can be useful). Can't wait to see this feature gaining more traction (and standardization).

This is one of android's upsides, and Microsoft tried (and failed miserably) to replicate it in Windows 8. I am not even sure if it is still part of windows 10.

Comment

owncloud, where is the owncloud support for photo sharing. owncloud has pictures support. So far gnome suppport for syncing my contacts, calendar, as well as having a drive support is amazing. But I'd like more support for more apps.

Comment

Working...
                  X